Ever wondered who the worlds biggest employers are? Well it seems we just cannot get enough of war, military and defence but then again, health and burgers are also big business! Take a look at the top ten employers in the world:
1. US Department of Defence with 3.2 million employees
2. Peoples Liberation Army of China with 2.3 million employees
3. Walmart with 2.3 million (does this mean if the world goes to war Walmart could outstrip China’s defence forces?)
4. McDonalds – that’s 1.9 million people flipping burgers!
5. National Health Service of the UK with 1.7 million employees
6. China National Petrochemical Corporation with 1.6 million employees
7. State Grid Corporation of China with 1.5 million employees
8. Indian Railways with 1.4 million employees
9. Indian Armed Forces with 1.3 million employees
10. Foxconn who manufacture things such as the Apple iPhone with 1.3 million employees and Taiwanese owned
Don’t forget our elders can suffer in silence too: suicide prevention
Many people think that mental health and suicide are not topics that impact our elders but they could not be more wrong. The data tells us there continues to be an emerging trend when it comes to peop...
Wherever you look these days, not matter the developed country, whole population groups and peoples struggle with the daily grind of life. From children in state care to mental health, from affordable housing to the primary health system and from education to employmen...
For the last few years I have been fortunate to have been involved in the aged care sector and have seen both the lows and highs. Today we live in a world where most of us are living longer thank to more awareness around healthy living, the advancement of better medica...
You can’t go past a news paper, radio show or television news story these days without being flooded by all things Bitcoin or Crypto Currency. Some say it’s the new world of money while others suggest its all just a passing fad. Whatever your position or preference of...